Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sabor Divino

Sabor Divino was a Taste of the Divine
10220-103
St., 780-757-1114

This Portuguese delight made for a magical
night filled with an “ad to the list” red (which I didn’t get the name of because it was an “Waiter what will go with this?” moment so unfortunately no adding will be taking place) and perhaps the best gnocchi I have ever had! The potato gnocchi lamb ragu (NOT stew) was SO tender and went perfectly with the accompanying tomato sauce. The following dessert(s) (Yeah we did) were incredible. Danny and Sheri helped Matt and I dive into these thankfully when ordering, but then when the desserts came sharing was a very forced action. I’ll describe them from least favorite to most. The cheesecake with black cherries and port was heaven in a dish but I have to say with the competition it was falling behind in the race through my taste buds. Next was the Leite crème "dona Irene", a Portuguese version of crème brulee made with a super light custard topped with caramelized sugar and cinnamon. Just thinking about it now is drooling up my keyboard. But if you know me you’ll know I LOVE chocolate and the most decadent has been saved for last. My favorite was the Chocolate Cayenne Mousse. A chocolate mousse so light to your senses but thick in texture was set in a dish with mint leaves and chocolate leaves. Just when you think the ride is over comes a tingle that starts at the back of your throat (not an allergic reaction) and works its way over your tongue and leaves you with a tingle on your lips that can resemble a tremble after a first kiss. Unlike first kisses or cocaine this feeling could be attained again… another spoonful...
Needless to say the mousse went FAST!


I will be back soon to have the mouse and to try their boar dish (which was sold out unfortunately) and to get the name of that slurptuous wine.

3 comments:

  1. This just in the wine was 1998 Baron de Ley Gran Reserva Rioja

    Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must go there and enjoy this divine sounding place. What a wonderful writeup and get back to us on the choice of fine wines. How was the prices?
    Rhonda Watson
    Love XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fine dining so taking that into consideration here is the Dinner menu:
    http://www.sabordivino.ca/?dinner-menu,6

    ReplyDelete